Tuesday, September 1, 2015

UPDATE: How is everyone doing with this?


UPDATE: How is everyone doing with this?   There are 104 days left  this year so there is still time to jump on board and make your own.   There is also no rule against adjusting your goals.   I mentioned on one of the shares that I am doing really well on my "daily organizing" goal, and fairly good at my dieting/calories counting goal, but my "become an early bird" goal is a total fail, so I am going to drop that for now.     Any more thoughts on this, or anyone care to join us? 

100 Day Challenge: September 8th to December 17
Summer's almost over entrepreneurs-  time to get our asses in gear.    This year, we are repeating our "100 Day Challenge" where we state publicly what we intend to accomplish in the next 100 days - whether in our business or personal lives, and then do our best to make it happen. 

When we did this last year, we waited until there were exactly 100 days left in the year,and then announced it just a few days before.   There were a few problems with this: first, it didn't give people enough time to think about their 100 day plan, and second, nothing really gets done in the last few weeks of the year anyway, so we were really giving ourselves less than 100 days.

This year,  we are putting a little padding into the system.   The challenge won't begin until next Tuesday, September 8th (the day after Labor Day in the U.S. - generally recognized as the end of Summer) and will conclude December 17 - one week before Christmas Eve.    So for all practical purposes, this is the same as asking "What do you intend to accomplish in the remainder of 2015?

 Lots of things can happen in 100 days.  Napoleon, escaped from his prison on Elba, assembled an army, marched to Paris and recaptured the French government in less than 100 days.   During President Roosevelt's first 100 days in office he reformed the American banking systems and took the first steps to end the great depression.   Einstein came up with his special theory of relativity in less than 100 days while working in the Swiss Patent Office and having to hide his work from his boss so he wouldn't get caught.  

If all these great things can happen in 100 days, then surely our little companies and ventures can make significant progress in 100 days.  

The rules are simple - there are no rules.  This can be a goal you wish to accomplish, a habit you would like to break or make, an activity you would like to do on a consistent basis - whatever.  Just tell us what you intend to accomplish in 100 days the comments here, and commit that you really are going to try.  

I have been told that best results for challenges like this is to just have one major objective, have it be as specific as possible and do it every day if possible.   I think I am going to have two or three though, which I will post shortly - so someone else can start.   If you are not quite ready yet you have almost a week to think about it, but let us know as soon as you can.  

What would you like to get done (or do consistently)  in this 100 days?

50 comments:

  1. I also like it. But want to know how it work? Where do i have to post my objective (s)? Will i receive any coaching? Is there and evaluation mecanism? Is there any website/blog...for this 100 days? It is open to oeople worldwide? Waiting to read from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmanuel Makondo You post them right here.  No, there is not evaluation mechanism except that which you do yourself.   I will post mine either later today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really think it is a good initiative. I will post mine. But continue to think it need a group/page or something like that. Here in this group there so many subject to discuss on. 100 days need a platform i think. Try to see if possible. While waitong i will post mine. See you tomorow. It is 1pm here. Was happy yo met you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my plan for the 100 day challenge.   I reserve the right to edit this before the challenge starts on Tuesday.

    1.  Work on my own business writing projects (as opposed to client projects) at least once each day.   Specifically, I plan to work on my "venture acceleration for solopreneurs" ebook and related materials and would like it to be publication ready by the completion of the challenge.

    2.  Spend at least 30 minutes cleaning and organizing my apartment every day.   I am somewhat "domestically challenged" and though this doesn't sound like much, I started this about 10 days ago and it is making a difference.  

    3.  Burn more calories than I consume six days a week.   I was going to say "lose 10 pounds" but behavioral goals always work better and in theory at least, with even a slight "calorie" deficit I should lose weight.   This goal also allows for a "binge day" recommended by many dieting experts.    

    4.  Became an early bird.   Right now, I am a night owl, and it is causing problems because I have customers on the east coast and in Europe.   My definition of "early bird" may be a little more lax than others, but if I could start getting up by 7AM it would be a big accomplishment for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodluck for these challenge. Strongly hope you will achieve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will follow. We expect some news during the 100 days to see how you are dealing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My plan is one issue. Rise up 250 000 USD for a life development project in my country and quit my present job early 2016. Hope i will.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rob Gordon I actually started a new 100 day challenge in early August after failing my previous one years ago.

    I now record my progress on M$'s Docs.com. 
    https://bitly.com/TC-100Days

    Good luck to everyone's challenge. 

    Well. I don't think I will get my 6 pack abs, but it will be close .. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terence Chang I failed at my last one also.  I did think of the abs - in theory, it should be possible to have a six pack in 100 days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rob Gordon I believe so. I have a friend drop weight from 250 to 170 with 6 pack in 90 days. So I guess I just have to commit to it. ;) 

    Good luck to your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - really? - that is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rob Gordon My friends went with the P90x program. I've tried that before and failed. I can't even do that for 30 minutes. ;) 

    I started the new challenge because I saw your post back in September 2014 and realize that I had 100 day to change life challenge in 2010. 

    https://plus.google.com/+RobGordon/posts/bRi8nDZWdAX

    Thanks to you though. I think I am making good progress so far.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rob Gordon​ I plan on posting to my blog daily and uploading a video a day consistently for the next 100+ days...building my online business to replace the income of my hair styling business so that I can retire and go fulltime online...I've already got the engine started, just working on picking the momentum up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rob Gordon Rob, I love your number 2 and 3...I'm on aboard with those myself. Certainly considering the cleaning and organizing (de-cluttering)...and the burning more cals...sounds like a wonderful plan. I will try posting mine once I've prioritized the most needed tasks on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rene' Michelle Floyd Wow, Rene' that's a good one, At times, I'd love the mental energy to write more and fully commit to my blogging. I'm sure you will do great and all the best to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rene' Michelle Floyd I wonder if that is too much?  I was going to avoid criticizing anyone here but an number of us failed the last time by being too ambitious.   Working on your blog or video everyday seems fine to me, but actually producing a blog of video post?  Unless you do nothing else, that sounds extremely difficult - especially if you want to keep the quality high.   Plus who would read that much material?   I would think that working on them every day, and publishing once a week would be a better goal, but that is just my opinion - you will know what works in 100 days.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Opinion well taken Rob Gordon​. We'll test and try and come to a happy medium.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rob Gordon, this is brilliant. I am IN! Here is mine.

    1. I will record one audio/podcast or one video everyday.
    2. I will add minimum one idea to my blogging bank everyday.
    3. I will make time to practice my Salsa dance routine for at least 20 minutes.

    Will post my progress once in a week on my blog and here too. 

    Good luck all. You surely will achieve! Stay stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My 100 day plan will be focused on collecting return on my investments.

    1. Sell 2 cars within the next 33 days.
    2. Sell 1 motorcycle within 66 days.
    3. Button up remodel and sell investment property within 99 days.
    4. Scout for investment opportunities on the 100th day, and maybe take a mini vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anthony Christian to do what...for which activity?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rene' Michelle Floyd Goodluck. Develop-cameroon 2015 is also a website i will try during this 100 days to develop it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. 100 days begin today. Goodluck to everyone. Let us know about your evolution.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Send my project today to the pollination project platform for a 1000$ funding. Hope i will get it. Really known that to reach my 250 000$ will be difficult. I think Rob Gordon is right. We don'tneed to so ambitious.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Emmanuel Makondo I don't think you can ever really predict whether goals will work.  All we really have control over is our behaviors.  So I can say "lose 20 pounds" or I can say "eat less than 1,200 calories each day.  One I have control over,the other I don't.    Same with business goals "make an extra $1000 each month" - that still has to tie into a behavior - like "contact 5 new prospects each day" or something.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Rob Gordon i see now. I can already said i learn something. I will try to better present my challenge for the 99 days left.

    ReplyDelete
  26. 1) Downsize house and personal expenses to as low as possible
    2) Research ideas I may want to run with in a business every day for at least 1 hour - Identify the mission
    3) Complete Steve Blanks Lean-Startup online education series
    4) Have the beginnings of a framework for a lean startup model.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I will commit to promoting my website to grow my audience to a min of 1000 visitors per month, add a min of 5 people to my team per month and record my progress

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sarah Ramkissoon I'll join right now. Throw me that link.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Okay, Winter's almost ended ; so I'm totally enthused about this idea.

    Because of where I live, my challenge technically started a day before the rest of you, so I decided to jump right in even before I had time to come here and articulate my plans.

    1. Organising/cleaning/decluttering: love, love, love Rob Gordon 's doable plan, so I too will spend half an hour on this daily, and also add my mother's trick of putting away five things per day - any five things count.

    2. Will add to my blog bank (great term, Sunita Biddu , I just stole it) whenever I think of an idea, by typing it into my list immediately if I'm on the computer, or jotting down the idea in my notebook if I'm not. Leaving open notebook on my desk.

    3. Will prepare at least one blog or social media post every Tuesday, in preparation for publishing Wednesday.

    4. Each Wednesday: Complete/edit/finalise (if necessary) and publish at least one blog post that I prepared on Tuesday. Review blog bank for what I can work on the next week.

    5. The Big One: I will work on content pages for my new website for at least half an hour but no more than an hour daily. The goal is to get this finished timely and not burn out.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sounds like a great plan Aleta Curry - the half hour a day has done wonders for my decluttering - but I still have a long way to go.  I just switched from Yast to Toggle (a Chrome extension and online service) and like the idea that the half hour is something I "owe" every day - and can do early in the day if I want to get it over with early.   Calorie counting is the reverse - if I don't use too much during the day, I can have a bigger meal and maybe even a desert in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have read through everyone's challenges with interest and I hope we can all keep the momentum going.

    I have some observations, because consulting with small business owners is part of what I do and I can't keep my mouth shut:

    Emmanuel Makondo What I read in your early posts is a goal, not a plan. What I would suggest is that your challenge should involve formulating a plan. You need some concrete steps and some action verbs: I will telephone, I will research, I will write or write to, etc.

    Excellent, Rene' Michelle Floyd, you're on the right track but my first reaction was the same as Rob's, this is just a bit too much. Unless you've got someone else to clean the house and do the chores, you're going to start out with a lot of enthusiasm and fade away after three or four weeks. If you change 'uploading a video daily' to 'working on video for X amount of time daily' or even break it down into tasks like 'Monday: begin script', Tuesday: continue script', 'Wednesday, rehearse read' etc etc I think you'll stand a much better chance of lasting 100 days and how proud will you be when you've got those videos done?

    Anthony Christian One investor per day seems like a lot to me, but then I don't know your business. Again, what I read here is a goal, not a plan. I stress that you don't have to tell us your methods if it's personal, but you need to be able to articulate them to yourself as if you had to lay it out to someone else. So, do you need to...write an elevator script? Make 20 phone calls per day? Visit 5 perspective clients? That sort of thing.

    tand race - you can't hide; we're waiting for that list! ;D

    Sunita Biddu That's a wonderful list and nice and short, but I'm got the same concern with the daily podcast or video as I had for Rene. Unless you're speaking extemporaneously about whatever occurs to you, I'd give yourself a little more time for developing what you're going to record. We want you to keep it going for one hundred days, not to do less and less until you give it up through attrition.


    Rob Gordon I hope this wasn't too officious. After all, nobody died and made me Monitor, I just got all bubbly and inspired and carried away!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Feel free to message me anytime, Anthony Christian

    ReplyDelete
  33. Finally, I know what I'd rather do most for this challenge and that is get atleast 4-5 hours of sleep daily (insomnia is not nice)...I will find a sleep forum/group to stick with this one for tips.  Also, I'd like to reasonably drop 30lbs by eating more healthier and walk the trail 3-4  days a week. Last but not least to de-clutter my home/business (any progress will help in that area)..that's it and hope I can defeat the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  34. #business plan 400 to 600 pages to get the best results for my entry-level contracts with your business on my mind. Because u dont wanna be in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Writing more in depth content for the Small Business Sense blog, structuring my brand message better for more clarity, creating additional information products for the small business community!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aleta Curry thanks for this advice... i will try to formulate a plan.many weeks remaining.

    ReplyDelete
  37. When beginning this 100 days i said would like to rise 250 000 usd for a life Project. But with the advices of Rob Gordon and Aleta Curry i understand this is just a goal and not plan: that i need concrete actions.

    Now my news challenges is to post my project each week on a crowfunding website.

    Each day i will look on internet for partnership to submit my project.

    Really sound good and true. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I would like to commit to writing a blog post every for the next 100 days. Haven't missed a day since August 18 and I'm determined to accomplish this goal.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Okay, at this point in the challenge guys, I think I might need a group e-hug (lol) for encouragement, as I screwed already on the "healthy n sleep" part of my challenge. This morning, I felt a certain kind of way and munched away a mountain of sweets, the last few days this insomnia/little sleep has kicked my butt...as far as the de-cluttering part it's slowly coming around. I too realize this is only the beginning for me, I'm taking today by the horns (thinking positive) and deciding from this moment NoT to look back. Also,  I pray everyone accomplish their goals here...I know I can do this! I Will...I Will :-)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I commit starting today to posting 1 new picture for my new Photography business for the next 100 days. That will lead me to Dec 25. I'm looking to achieving the 1000$ monthly income mark by then too.

    ReplyDelete
  41. The first hundred days of Franklin D. Roosevelt's presidency was a time in the history of the United States in which Roosevelt planned to put an end to the Great Depression that was thought to have been caused by former President Herbert Hoover. Guess what, he was successful. So yes I agree with you alot can happen within a meagre span of just 100 days. Amazing planπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
  42. Downsize complete, hand off keys to old house to new owner tomorrow. Now to finish Steve Blanks lean startup course.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Lost 10 pounds.   Other goals are floundering, but I am trying a new system for my writing project that seems to be working.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I have become quite dedicated towards my studies and work. Managing both pretty well. Doing my article work. My goal was to complete atleast 3 articles a day. So, i am able to achieve that goal.

    ReplyDelete